Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One Favorite Place...


A few of us gathered today at one of your many favorite spots. I don't think anyone really knew what to expect when we walked up to the beach, but it felt like a huge weight was enveloping me. Not the kind of weight I have been feeling in the morning that makes my stomach turn, just the kind I remember feeling when you wrapped your arms around me. I sat on the big flat rock in the middle of the beach and felt you sitting there with me. It was just like the last time we went to the res, except that you were the one sitting on the rock then. We swam all the way across and back, at first head down serious swimming (this was a workout after all) and soon after giving up on the workout and just doggie paddling all the way so we could gossip. Ha! It makes me laugh now as I think about all the things we talked about! How irrelevant they are, and how much do I wish now that I would have told you how much I loved you instead of who was quitting Big Red F and who was hooking up wth who! Oh well, I'm pretty sure you knew how much Hot Carl loved you anyway (after all, I wouldn't let just anybody call me that dirty name! ha!).

No comments: